Sunday, January 27, 2013

 
We little knew the day that God
was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly,
in death we do the same.

It broke our hearts to lose you.
You did not go alone,

For part of us went with you
The day God called you home.

You left us peaceful memories.
Your love is still our guide,
And though we cannot see you
You are always at our side.


Our family chain is broken
and nothing seems the same,
but as God calls us one by one
the chain will link again.

 
---Ron Tranmer
 
 
I love this poem - it is the one that comes to mind most often when I am looking through pics - to recite it helps bring me back to a tolerable pain.  It helps remind me that one day I will see her again - be with her again.  It's a poetical Xanax in times that the pain seems unbearable.
 
To think she is always beside me is not always comforting - because I want MORE - I want to touch her skin - hear her voice - see that sparkle in her eyes.  My sense are deprived of everything that was Tash. 
 
Then, my mind wanders to the darker side - did she really know how much I loved her?  The mind is an evil thing - it plays horrible tricks on the grieving mind - it brings up every doubt and every missed opportunity. If you are a bereaved parent, you know this is true - especially on dark days and late nights.
 
Sometimes, I just rattle on - but, I just have to get the words - the thoughts - out - before they can overwhelm me even more. 
 
I love you, Tash - you are my sunshine - my moonlight - and everything in-between!



2 comments:

  1. Tonja,

    I am the author of the "Broken Chain" poem. I'm happy you find comfort in it.. May I ask how old your daughter was when she died? I have an array of bereavement poetry and am wondering if I might have one which might be even more fitting. If you haven't been on my website, I'd suggest you give it a look.

    Ron Tranmer
    rontranmer.com
    rjtranmer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron -

      I love your poem - it's kind of my mantra a lot of days. I am so glad to have it.

      My daughter, Tasha, was 27 years old. She was awaiting her second kidney transplant. She was my only child - I don't know if that really makes a difference - but, she took much of me with her.

      I will definitely look at your website. I am so thankful for anything I can read, take hold of, and give life to -

      T

      Delete