Monday, October 20, 2014


TRUTH HURTS...Does it always have to?

As I go through the stages of grief - in repeated circles, I can struggle with truth.  MY TRUTH....it's not a lie - but, a struggle with facing what might be in front of me.  My truth is my perception - and, one's perception is one's reality.  It might not be true for you - or you - or even you - but, for me, it is soo true that it cannot be denied. 

Sometimes, the further I dig into my truth, the more isolated I can become.  That blind isolation that leads me to be alone with my truth can also be scary.  It is when I am isolated that my thoughts and voices can lie to me. 

I say all this to say to anyone reading this: ALWAYS have someone you can trust - a friend, a family member, a therapist - whoever - but, someone you can trust to hear your truth and help you without judgment.  Us bereaved parents cannot always be trusted with our "truth" - sometimes, the emotion of loss overpowers our judgment.  It is then we need that trusted person who can be honest with us - who can love us - especially if our truth becomes untruth when our perception changes. 

We grieve our loss, but to stay locked in a lie - EVEN IF WE THINK IT IS THE TRUTH - is to lie to ourselves.  We will never be like we were - how could we be, when we have gone through such a tragic loss?  But, to live in the cloud of an untruth - that is not a life.  AND, even though we might not find TRUE happiness again, wouldn't it be awful one day to wake up to the truth and realize that we have grieved away a part of our lives that we could have lived? 

So let's seek our truth - move toward the light.  We MUST work toward finding a way to celebrate (or at least, recognize) all the minutes that our children or loved ones lived, instead of placing all our emotions on that moment they died.  WE MUST!!!    We must charge on - "...thro' the jaws of Death" - we must step back "...from the mouth of Hell!"  To do so is not to dishonor our dead, but, to honor the moments they lived...they are so much more than the moment of their last breath...

The Charge of the Light Brigade

...Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon behind them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
While horse and hero fell,
They that had fought so well
Came thro' the jaws of Death
Back from the mouth of Hell,
All that was left of them,
Left of six hundred.

When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wondered.
Honour the charge they made,
Honour the Light Brigade,
Noble six hundred.


NAMASTE....

No comments:

Post a Comment