Saturday, January 18, 2014

American Idol....a premiere....a reminder

 

I am kind of sad tonight, so I am trying to focus on good memories.  American Idol, as weird as it sounds, is a trigger for me, I guess.  Tash LOVED American Idol.  The only shows she liked more was Doctor Who and Big Brother.  Whatever she watched, she was ALL in!

We watched - we judged - we made predictions.  There was no one who Tash loved more than Clay Aiken.  OMG - she was in love with him  When she found out he was gay, she was devastated - she always called him her husband.  But gay or not, she loved his music and continued to love him, even if she did have to give up on the idea of marrying him.  I cannot tell you how many times we went to see him in concert.  We saw him with the American Idol tour, on his own, with Kelly Clarkson, doing his Christmas show, and, last time with Ruben Studdard. 

I've uploaded all of her Clay Aiken CDs onto my iPod.  I liked him before - but,  now when I hear him sing, I imagine I can hear Tasha singing along.  Every time we saw him, I heard her sing as much as I heard him. 

As the sign instructed, Tash always sang as though no one could hear her.  Secret is - it wasn't always pretty.  We had a joke that her high notes could make my eyes hurt until they were almost bleeding (not too much of a joke sometimes - they could be painful!)  But, it never stopped her.  She loved music - and she loved to sing.  She had thousands of songs on her ipod.  She collected a lot of things - but, music was her biggest collection.  There isn't a genre of music around that's not included in her collection.  That is one of the reasons she liked Idol so much.

I just miss her....


1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about all the good, fun memories you and Tash have. You two share a very profound and beautiful love.

    ReplyDelete