Monday, August 6, 2012

So, I am struggling with what to share the last couple of days...her birthday changed everything for me - some good - mostly bad.  But, I am working on it - been blogging a lot - but, "private blogging."

I am still here...that could be the good news...or the bad news...depending on how you look at it.   But, I am only going to go with the good for now...the bad will still be there tomorrow...

The good is that I took another step out of my comfort zone - I signed up for the Susan G. Komen 3-day walk - yep, that is 60 miles!  But, I am doing it - to honor Tash - to do something else she never got to do - something we never got to do together.  I am also doing it to honr my niece, DeDe - who is kicking cancer's ass.  I have known a lot of hard asses - but, these ladies are not hard - they are tough!  And, I am proud to be able to do this in their honor.

I walked my first 10 miles yesterday - the beginning of my practice walks.  I am pretty sure I can do it - not easily - but doable.

If you want to check in, see my progress, or even make a donation toward my $2,300 goal, please visit my personal page:

http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2012/TampaBayEvent2012?px=6713855&pg=personal&fr_id=1770

It is an in-progress page - so check back as I get it set up!

Tomorrow, I think I am ready to talk about Tasha's birthday...a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment