Monday, January 12, 2015

Three years ago...


It was three years ago today when I last saw your face...three years since I felt your skin and held your cold, lifeless body in my arms. 

Tash, I'm trying so hard to keep going.  Some days, I think I'm making progress.  But, other days, I'm just not so sure. I just keep trying new things - staying so busy - always trying to outrun the grief. But, I know that's not possible - but, it doesn't stop me from trying. 

I still don't understand why you left me - why you didn't fight just a little harder ...a little longer...You said 2012 was going to be your year.  I just don't understand. Your transplant could have come...you were eleven more work days from graduation...it was going to be your year....

And, then like a puff of smoke, it was all gone....in the time it took for your heart to stop, it all ended...your hopes, goals, and dreams...and my life.

I'll try again tomorrow...


NAMASTE...

No comments:

Post a Comment