Monday, February 9, 2015

Can you change your thoughts?




CAN YOU CHANGE YOUR THOUGHTS? 

I wonder about that a lot - especially on my sleepless nights. When I get one of those "thoughts" in my head, I try to tell myself not to think about it - BUT, WHAT HAPPENS????? I can think of nothing else!  

So, in my "free time" over the last few days, I have been reading articles on brain chemistry - particularly on how the brain can be "re-wired." Apparently, a change in thoughts and a practice of doing so can "re-wire" our brains.

No, it won't erase our children from our memories - it won't wipe out our past - it won't make every day bright and perfect.  But, it can help.  It's not easy - in other words, there is WORK to do - but, it can be done - certainly, not overnight... But, with hard work - consistent work - we can work our way back to a life closer to happy that where we are right now.  Our lives will never be what they were - we will never hold our children or hear their voices again.  

However, we can start simply...make one change...make it in to a habit...then build on it....

Maybe we can find a way to not be miserable every morning that we wake up and the nightmare continues.  Maybe, we can find a way to laugh and feel happy and it not just be a mask.  

What if every morning, we just said "thank you" when we wake up and we did it for thirty days?  What if we spoke or wrote down three things we were thankful for every night for thirty days?  Wouldn't it be a start?  And, a start is what we need as we live outside our comfort zones - one day at a time - one foot in front of the other...

I'll go first...Today, I am thankful for....
1 - My husband 
2 - The 27 years I had with Tasha 
3 - The people who love me just the way I am!

Now, what about YOU? 



NAMASTE....,

No comments:

Post a Comment