Saturday, November 1, 2014

NEVER EVER GIVE UP...

 
NEVER EVER GIVE UP by Erik Rees
 
 
Jessie Rees brings about a big punch of courage with her little body.  Diagnosed with brain cancer, a kind of brain cancer that does not leave much hope, Jessie is inspired to help others after her diagnosis.  This is the story of a young girl and her dream to help others, reaching out with her JoyJars, while facing her own terminal illness.  Her dad, Erik Rees, tells Jessie's story in such  a beautiful, compelling way that it inspires the rest of the world to get busy giving!
 
When I saw what the book was about, I questioned whether I really wanted to read a book about a child dying of cancer.  My own daughter died just a little over two years ago.  But, in the end, I am so glad I read it.  Jessie's dad told her story with so much grace - his love for Jessie shines through, often reminding me of my own daughter and the trials and tribulations of such an illness. 
 
I am so thankful to have read Jessie's story - to see the difference she made in so many people's lives in her short 10-month journey.  NEGU - Never Ever Give Up comes alive with new meaning as Jessie's story unfolds.  To know how many people have gotten behind the slogan and the foundation as they continue to support kids and families struggling with cancer and keeping Jessie's dream alive is so amazing. 
 
Jessie and her JoyJars are still touching lives.  I am amazed at how many lives Jessie touched and continues to touch, even after her death.  This book is a story of a loss of a young life - however, it is a reminder of the simple things one can do to ease the suffering another.

No comments:

Post a Comment