Tuesday, February 18, 2014


Today was a successful day in keeping guilt at bay...

If you're in the midst of grief, I urge you to find one thing TODAY that you can do for someone else.  It doesn't have to be big - you don't have to talk to them.  Smile at someone.  Find another grieving parent and send them a note or a card.  Drop some flowers off at the local assisted living facility.  OR DO IT BIG!!!  Just for one moment, step out of yourself...don't be scared...your grief will still be there when you get back.  You can still wrap yourself in it.

But, just doing this one small thing may give you a glimmer of light at the end of the long tunnel of grief.  It's been just a little over twenty-five months for me - I still have a long way to go.  But, oh those glimmers!!! I have such high hope for those glimmers.

My life will never be the same - how could it, without my only child - the love of my life - by my side?  I have never been an adult without her until January 7, 2012.  I have no idea who I am without her.  But, I am trying to figure it out - I am learning who I am.  Being Tasha's mom was my greatest accomplishment - nothing will ever detract from that.  But, now without her, I must FIGHT to find my way to my true self.  Who am I without Tash?

I wish I could answer that question for you now.  But, I am not there yet.  Stick with me - I will stick with you - we can do this together!  I know Tasha fought to live and for that reason alone, I have to fight to do the same thing.

Namaste...

www.facebook.com/TashasGiftInc


No comments:

Post a Comment