Thursday, November 7, 2013

22 months....

Twenty-two months of not hearing your voice - not touching your hands - not seeing your face.  How can it possibly be that long and still feel like yesterday?  Grief changes the perception of time. Time makes no sense now - I have no idea what will happen if I live many more years.  I just cannot imagine living for years without you.

We sent up balloons tonight - as we do every month on the 7th.  Always, I ask for more signs - for answers.  Always, I wait for you to let me know.  What do I do without you, Tash?  It's been twenty-two months and I still don't know how to live without you.  I spent twenty-seven years being your mom - and I have no idea how to live the next twenty-seven years without being your mom.

I just don't understand how this can be my life -

3 comments:

  1. "I just don't understand how this can be my life-" That thought constantly runs through my mind. It never makes any sense. We are almost 18 months into this horrible nightmare, just a few months behind you. It's still a shock, some days the realization literally takes my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am am 22 months into this new chapt. of my life. The one where it turns into a horror story. Sometimes I feel like I died with my son but then the pain reminds all too loud and clear that I'm still here and he's moved on. I want to scream NO! NO! NO! HE CAN'T BE GONE!!!!!!! And I get so angry at how the rest of the world goes on like he was never here or never died so I just try to keep to myself unless I'm talking to someone else who I know understands. I can't even say I wish I was with my son around others or they take it as a suicide threat (not that I haven't thought about it but) wanting to be with my son does not mean I'm going to kill myself...wish my life won't be a long one? perhaps Wish as a post I've seen says "I wish heaven had visiting hours"? Definitely I'm just so tired. How can this be real?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you remember me, it's been so long since we spoke--But I am still so sorry for your loss. I loved our talks when I went to DHS. Email me if you ever want to talk!

    ReplyDelete