Monday, May 28, 2012

THE BEGINNING OF THE END I always knew this day could come - but, I never truly believed it would happen. She was beautiful, vibrant, and my whole world. Her name was Natasha and she was my whole world. ------------------- Natasha Courtney Knobel was born on July 31, 1984 at 3:39 am. I was too young to have her, but, old enough to know that I loved her from the first breath she took. She was born with one imperfection - one we could not see - Polycystic Kidney Disease. To a sixteen-year-old mom, this was overwhelming, but beatable. After all, we were going to be a team - we became more of a team than I could have ever believed - nothing was going to beat us or separate us. Twenty-seven years later, I'm alone for the first time as a adult - without my daughter, my love, my teammate...me heart. As I begin this journey without her, and struggle to find out who I am without her - how to live without her - I'm completely overwhelmed as to how I will even take the first step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment