Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I am trying to learn to be thankful again - do you know how hard it is to be thankful when your only child has died?  When you have no idea what you are even here for?  But, as always, my response remains the same: "I'm trying."

I am also trying to keep a journal full of things I am thankful for - many days, I just stare at the blank page and cry.  But, some days, I am successful - today, I am successful.

I am thankful that somehow I have the ability to get up every morning.  I am able to do so without physical pain and I do it.  I am not always happy when it happens, but, I realize that just being able to get up every morning - and to do so without pain - is definitely something to be thankful for.

Yesterday, I was told my life could get better if I tore down the walls that surround me - but, I was also reminded that I have often put my heart into the hands of people that are not very trustworthy.  My job for the week is to try to figure some of that out.  And, as always, I AM TRYING...

No comments:

Post a Comment