Wednesday, May 8, 2013


 
Who am I now?
 
 
My counselor said to me today: "So, you have been working hard on figuring out who you are now without Tash - how have you changed?  Who are you now?"  I didn't have an answer then, but, I keep thinking about it - and, here is my answer, for NOW....
 
I am ME -
I am not perfect -
I am often sad -
I am Tasha's mom -
I am Hans's wife -
I am a runner -
I am a friend,
In fact, I am a good friend -
 
I am all the things I never wanted to be - bereaved, older, and, often, alone -
 
I am working on becoming all the things I want to be: happy, complete, and enough -
 
I am caring -
I am human - I make mistakes -
I am learning to forgive myself for those mistakes -

I am smart -
I am funny -
I am sarcastic -
I am emotional -
I am a crier -

But, in public, I am often indifferent -
I am an actress -
I am a giver -

Back home, in my cocoon, I am weak, lost, but determined to find a way.

I miss you, Tash...and, all the way you made me who I am - I love you...
 
 
 
 
I am learning to love the me that I am - the me that I was - and, most importantly, the me I am working to be....
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment